Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Garage Band

With garage bands ability to control a whole orchestra, I would love to be able to create an organ concerto. I’ve always thought the organ had a very cool sound. I think it would be really neat to control an organ with just a keyboard. I would love to be able to create a whole concert centered on the organ, maybe have dueling pianos in the background, and create the ultimate concert.

I’ve never used Garage Band but I have experience with other audio editing software such as Pro Tools, Fruity Loops, and Reason. Garage Band seems more centered around live recording and live instrument manipulation. Reason and Fruity Loops are more loop-based programs for tempo and melodies that are already created and need to be edited. From what I’ve seen of garage band from the iLife tutorial video it seems quite simple and effective for live audio manipulation. I would love to get a hold of an M Audio keyboard to control the program and make it easier to lay down melodies. I have yet to use Garage Band but from what I’ve seen it looks to be professional program

No comments:

Post a Comment